Unit 9, Horbury Business Complex, Old Horbury Town Hall, Westfield Road, Wakefield, West Yorkshire WF4 6HR

01924 650607 | lettings@tranquil-homes.co.uk | A T

A Tranquil Approach to professional property management

Frequently Asked Questions

How much are your fees and what are they used for?

Application Fees are £100 for the first applicant and then £50 per other applicant over the age of 18. This fee is used for,  Referencing (Landlord and Employer), drawing up the Tenancy Agreements and Credit Searches. This also covers costs for (if any) Guarantor referencing. We do not charge tenancy renewal fees!

How long will it take for my application to be processed?

The Application Process usually takes up to 7 days. This is dependent on how quickly your references come back to us. After this, the tenant is free to move into the property. 

If the application is likely to take longer than 7 days, we will let you know!

How much is the bond/deposit on the property i have chosen?

The Bond for ANY property with Tranquil  Homes & Services Ltd will be equivalent to 1 months rent of the  Property. The only exception to this would be if you have pets, are a smoker or the landlord may request a higher bond payment! This will be made clear to you from the start!

Where will my bond be kept?

Your bond is retained with the DPS (as per  current regulations) to cover any damage that may be caused to the property during Tenanc​y! 

Your bond will be returned to you after you decide to move out and and inspection has been carried out!

What length of Tenancy should I have?

Most assured short-hold tenancies are initially for a period of 6 months however, you can request a longer tenancy. After this initial 6 month period is up, you will automatically be put on a rolling month to month contract unless you request otherwise!

Do I need a Guarantor?

Depending on your circumstances, a  Guarantor is not always necessary. You will be informed if you do need a  Guarantor. To qualify as a Guarantor, you need to:
- Be a UK Resident
- Have a UK bank account
- Be a Home owner 

What do you look for on a Property Inspection?

When carrying out Property Inspections our staff look for;
- Property cleanliness
- Any damages to the Property
- If the Tenant is occupying the Property

 This is also a chance for the Tenant to report any maintenance and to ask any questions about their Tenancy!

Where can I report Property Maintenance?

To report ANY maintenance, tenants can  call the office within office hours on 01924 650607/650800. 

Emergency maintenance can be reported on our out of hours number on 07948947859. 

Our tenants can also report their maintenance online!

How quickly will my maintenance be dealt with?

We aim to respond to maintenance requests as soon as possible.

Emergency maintenance will be dealt with within 24 hours! 

Emergencies can include,
- Burst pipes
- Electrical problems
- Boiler problems​